To be around the table is to be given the opportunity to love each other well. That has been so important to Jordan and I as we begin our life together.
Sometimes (often) I get home from work and the task of preparing a meal seems so daunting; I’m tired. When those feelings overcome me I make a strong effort to remember the value in preparing food and breaking bread with the companion God gave me to deeply experience life with: extraordinary & mundane.
This meal truly was love at first bite and I promise it will become a staple in your home. I have included my version of the recipe below, but you can also find the original recipe here.
- 12 ounces of pasta
- 1 pound of ground, spicy Italian sausage
- 4 gloves of garlic, minced
- 3 handfuls of roughly chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
- Bring a large stock-pot of well salted water to a boil.
- In a (separate) large skillet, saute the sausage until browned.
- Add the minced garlic to the sausage and saute for two more minutes.
- Remove the sausage from heat and set aside.
- While the sausage is browning, cook the pasta in the stock pot and drain.
- Return the pasta to the stockpot and add the garlic and kale. Toss this mixture until the kale is slightly wilted.
- Pour half of the pasta, sausage and kale mix into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Add the remaining pasta, sausage and kale mix. Top with another layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
P.S. Best leftovers ever. And we are all about the leftovers at the Davis residence.