Welcome to The June Twenty Blog! I have been dreaming of this space for quite some time, so it’s hard to believe that it’s finally alive. You can read more about my hopes and dreams for this blog here.
I already care so much about documenting life here. I look forward to connecting with you and learning from you. So to those of you who are going to be with me through this, welcome. Get cozy and hopefully these random tid-bits will help you feel a little more connected to me:
- Jordan (my husband) has been my boyfriend since I was 13 years old. Should the Lord ever bless us with a daughter, she will not be dating until she is 30 :)
- I am the oldest of four girls, which can be translated to: give my parents hugs and money. They earned it.
- My college degree is from Illinois State University where I majored in Public Relations. It was the perfect fit for me, and I love the friends that I made there!
- Dr. Derek Shepherd, President Fitzgerald Grant, Coach Eric Taylor… I’m a hopeless romantic and a T.V. junkie. If you don’t know who these gentlemen are, I urge you to sign up for Netflix and start binge watching Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, and Friday Night Lights. FRIENDS, too.
- I love reading cookbooks. I have never read the Harry Potter series. It takes me ten million years to read a book via my iPad or Nook…keeping it old school, I suppose.
- The Davis family loves food. We like to eat good food. We don’t feel guilty about spending a lot of money at fancy restaurants. And please just pass the food this way…
- I do not have a favorite color.
- My day job is managing a bridal boutique called Adore. I spend my hours making brides feel beautiful and I absolutely love it!
- Go Red Sox, Fighting Illini, Patriots and Avalanche! Jordan has a big, huge space in his heart for sports, so I do too.
- I’m trying to teach myself Italian from a little phrase-book I purchased at Anthropologie. Here’s to hoping!
I’m so happy to be here! Thanks for indulging in my little corner of the world today.